Since we all get the same 24 hours, why is it that some people achieve so much more with their time than others?
The answer lies in good time management.
“Time Management” is the process of organizing and planning how to divide your time between specific activities.
Good time management enables you to work smarter – not harder – so that you get more done in less time, even when time is tight and pressures are high.
When you fail to manage your time, it damages your effectiveness and causes stress.
The highest achievers manage their time exceptionally well.
It may seem counter-intuitive to dedicate precious time taking a time management course, instead of using it to get on with your work, but the benefits are enormous.
Benefits of Time Management:
* Less Stress: It reduces your stress level, fewer hiccups, fewer tight deadlines and smooth transfer from task to task.
* More Productivity: When you’ve chalked out what you need, it’s easier to manage. The tasks are done in less time.
* Less Rework: Repetition of work will decrease as one forgets and does the same thing again.
* Reduced self – created problems: We tend to create problems for our own self as we are un-prepared and un-planned.
* More Free Time: Once you’re organized and everything is accomplishment on time, there’s more time for leisure and entertainment.
* More Opportunities: The better arranged you are, the better you can plan and in turn find more opportunities.
* Improves Your Reputation: In work and in life, you will be known as a reliable person. Someone to trust on when effective work is required.
* Where it Matters Most: Since you’re a better time manager, you can spend your time where it impacts the most.
Good time management requires an important shift in focus from activities to results: being busy isn’t the same as being effective.